Tuesday, December 20, 2005

TMEEJM problem on shutdown/restart

I've been plagued by this process hanging the XP shutdown sequence.

It's the Toshiba Mobile Extension - have a look in the control panel. It lets you control how the dock works. And since I have a dock, it's nice.

Goto Toshiba site, support and downloads section. It's got a rather nasty sequence of pull downs to choose your make, model, blah blah blah, but when it comes to choosing the component, choose Mobile Extension. Should be a version 3 or thereabouts.

When I installed this, it complained with lots of ominous error messages (the kind with red !'s and no text). Could have been because I chose upgrade. I ran the installer again (as new install), pressed yes every so often, seemed fine. No problems. Sorted.

No comments: